WELCOME ANDERSON FAMILY
Want to make Anderson your place of worship? Call us at 601.982.3997 to join us at Anderson a body united in God’s grace. Our programs are designed to reach out to all mankind by serving, sharing, teaching, and witnessing through the giving of time, talents, and gifts. The church seeks to involve and utilize the talents of its entire membership as it works to carry out God’s program.
Thanks for visiting andersonumc.org to find out how you can make a home at AUMC. We are honored you would take the time out of your schedule to join us, so we want to make your experience the best it can be. We have services each Sunday morning at 8:00 am and 10:30 am. Only 10:30 am service will be temporarily streamed live on our platforms listed below and are a great way to check things out before you arrive.
Because of COVID protocols, we have made the following adjustments to allow for in-person worship.
- Our services will be limited in attendance to 150 capacity at each service
- 8 am service reservations call the church office at 601.982.3997
- 10:30 am service reservations online reservations required.
Prior to arriving for a service, please ask the following questions about everyone in your group:
- Is anyone showing any flu-like symptoms?
- Has anyone had a fever of 99° or higher in the past 14 days?
- Has anyone been exposed to someone who has tested positive for COVID-19?
- Are there any medical reason why anyone in the group shouldn’t be around others?
- If you answered yes to any of these questions, we strongly encourage you to worship with us online.
- Are reservations needed?
Yes, reservations are needed.
- What will be the differences in the two services?
The two services will be identical. For safety, congregational singing will be minimal.
- Are any Groups meeting on campus on Sunday mornings?
Groups (Sunday School) meeting on campus at 9:00 am. Check with your Sunday School leader for information about your group.
- Are masks required?
To help keep everyone safe and minimally exposed, masks are required while in the building. Masks will be available at entrances if you forgot yours.
- Is the Sanctuary being cleaned between services?
Yes, we will have a team cleaning the sanctuary between services. Restrooms and other high-touch surfaces will also be regularly cleaned throughout the morning.
- What other measures are being taken to keep contact to a minimum?
We will not have printed worship guides or other paper items available, and hymnals, Bibles, and connect cards are being removed from the pews. You will be able to access the worship guide and connect card in the AUMC App. Water fountains are not available for use.